My Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hill Cumorah (YC 5)

Before we hiked up the hill, we saw the Joseph Smith movie. I’m not sure what it’s called, but they show it in visitor centers. I had seen it before in Hawaii. This movie is powerful and gives many opportunities to feel the spirit.
The hike up the Hill Cumorah was very steep. My legs were burning by the top. It was a beautiful view and there was a monument at the top. It was neat to think about who had been here in the past thousands of years and the significance of this site, in Book of Mormon times and in modern times.
The kids were rolling down this steep hill, and I had a feeling as one of the adults that I should stop this before someone got hurt, but I’ve always been on the stricter side. I took a couple of deep breathes and resolved to follow the other leaders’ examples. One girl was rolling and started to curve toward the trees. Everyone was yelling ‘STOP!’ but I think she must have been going too fast. From above we could see she was going to hit her head on a huge rock. We held our breath as Philippe (from the van, well actually from Mexico, but I knew him from the van) ran and dove in front of her to stop her. She stopped inches away from the rocks and trees. I tried to embarrass him by calling him a Hero. He blushed and said he wasn’t, but I made a big deal about it. I know he secretly liked being called a hero, who wouldn’t?

No comments:

Post a Comment