My Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, April 27, 2009

I didn't want those pictures anyway

Today was a bust! I had a plan, and I failed. My phone broke yesterday, so I spent the first half of the day talking to Sprint over the phone. They were very friendly, but proved worthless. I took the train down to 42 to find the nearest Sprint Store. They were also friendly, but very slow. Let me back up a little. I’ve been to a sprint store before, and they always seem to delete all my information. Luckily with the technology we have these days we are able to ‘back up’ our phones to our computers, as to not lose any data. I found the cord and program and with a little work, was able to back it up. I was very impressed with myself, but found a problem with the software. My pictures weren’t on the computer. I found a solution. I would put all my pictures on my SD card and voila, problem solved. I decided to put all the pictures into folders, and then I could easily put the folders into one big mega folder. It took me a while because I had to copy and paste each picture. I was down to seven pictures left, and decided these last ones weren’t worth it, so I would just delete them. In my haste to finish the job I deleted the mega folder. I had to go into the bathroom and splash my face with cool water. I thought they only did that in the movies, but it really works. I came out, always with a plan, and I called Sprint. My phone has Windows Mobile, and I deduced that it would have a ‘Recycle Bin’ program because Windows for a PC has it. They told me there was no way to recover my files. The lady was very nice and I’m sure she could tell I had been crying. Every time she put me on hold I would lose it. She was very apologetic, but told me there was nothing she could do. I hung up and covered my face with a blanket to muffle my sobs. I seemed to be destined to lose my pictures.
Girls camp, first real camera, Jamie Beasley threw sand on it to make me mad. It worked.
Vacations, disposable cameras, let’s be honest- no one ever gets those developed before they lose them.
Chicago, camera phone, got stolen at a laundro-mat full of Hispanics, and then again at Gameworks.
Hawaii, camera phone, Sprint wiped it before I could copy them.
History shows that I was never meant to have memories that last.

No comments:

Post a Comment