My Countdown Clock


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Susquehanna River (YC 3)

The first day we drove through Scranton, Pennsylvania and I wanted to stop to find Michael Scott, but we had to keep going. We ate lunch at the Susquehanna River where the Aaronic priesthood was restored to the earth.
I got out of the van and was relieved to be walking around. There was a good feeling at the monument, but I didn’t know if it was just because we were in fresh air and eating or if it was the sacredness of the location. After we ate we read the plaque stating that John the Baptist conferred on them the Aaronic Priesthood, right there. I was overcome with emotion as I read the plaque and the spirit bore testimony to me that it was true. The stake president came and shook my hand. He thanked me for volunteering and said, if you ever see anyone sitting off by themselves, go and talk to them. A lot of these kids come from rough backgrounds, so I assumed that’s why he said it. We continued on to Palmyra, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment